Pax Law offers legal services related to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP is a program that allows immigrants to obtain Canadian permanent residence through fast-tracked nomination from the province of Ontario
The OINP Investor Stream targets experienced business people and corporate investors who plan to invest in and actively manage eligible businesses in Ontario.
The OINP Entrepreneur Stream is designed to attract experienced entrepreneurs who will launch and actively manage a business in Ontario.
- At least 24 months of full-time business experience within the last 60 months. (as a business owner or senior manager)
- Have a minimum personal net worth of $800,000 CAD. ($400,000 outside of the Greater Toronto Area)
- Make an investment of at least $600,000 CAD. ($200,000 outside of the Greater Toronto Area)
- Commit to owning one-third and actively managing the business.
- The business must create at least two permanent full-time jobs if the business is to be located within the Greater Toronto Area. The business must create at least one permanent full-time job if it is to be located outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
Additional requirements if purchasing an existing business:
- You have 12 months from registering an expression of interest to make at least one business-related visit to Ontario.
- The business being purchased must have been running constantly for at least 60 months under the same owner (proof of ownership and either an intent to purchase the business or a sales agreement is necessary).
- The applicant or any business partner must gain 100% ownership of the company.
- No previous owner(s) can retain any business shares.
- At least 10% of your personal investment into the company must be used for growth or expansion in Ontario.
- you must keep all jobs that are both permanent and full-time prior to the transfer of ownership
- Any businesses applying for this business stream cannot have been owned or operated previously by current or former nominees of the OINP business stream, anyone who has received a certificate of nomination under the Entrepreneur Stream, or any applicant from the Opportunities Ontario Investor Component.
*Additional requirements may apply.
The OINP is the ideal program for prospective immigrants looking to settle in the province while investing in Ontario’s economy. We have knowledge of the application process and will provide you with tailored advice throughout every step of the application process
We will assess your eligibility, help you prepare a comprehensive business plan and provide guidance with the financial requirements. We have helped many immigrants complete their immigration journey and understand the complexities of both Canadian immigration law, and Canadian business law.
If you decide to apply through the OINP Enterpreneur Class for a Canadian visa, you will need to go through the following steps:
- Register an expression of interest with OINP;
- Receive an invitation to submit an online application from OINP, and submit said application;
- If online application is successful, attend an interview with OINP;
- Sign a performance agreement with OINP;
- Receive a nomination from Ontario for a work permit;
- Establish your business and submit a final report with 20 months of arriving in Ontario; and
- Gather documentation and apply for permanent residence.
If you are interested in the Entrepreneur stream of the OINP, contact Pax Law today.
Contact Our Canadian Immigration Lawyers Today
At Pax Law, we understand the complexities of applying for the Corporate Stream and will help you navigate through each step. We have successfully assisted many businesses in applying for this program and will provide comprehensive advice throughout your application.
If you are interested in the Corporate stream of the OINP, contact Pax Law today or book a consultation.
Office Contact Info
Pax Law Reception:
Tel: +1 (604) 767-9529
Find us at the office:
233 – 1433 Lonsdale Avenue, North Vancouver, British Columbia V7M 2H9
Immigration Information and Intake Lines:
WhatsApp: +1 (604) 789-6869 (Farsi)
WhatsApp: +1 (604) 837-2290 (Farsi)